Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quilting Quilting Oh What Fun!


I have been bitten by the crafting bug yet again...

I just can't help myself.  I go through phases where I have the burning desire to craft, draw, sew, and do other domestic / artistic type activities.  My current project was inspired by my neighbor who is an amazing seamstress and does quilt swaps.  The swap that she does is for a small wall hanging size quilt.  Hearing about the swap made me want to try one out but I had already missed the deadline for signing up.  After a bit of thought I decided that I don't really need a swap to make a really cool wall quilt so I went ahead and started one.  I am about 70% finished with the top of the quilt.  I am trying some new techniques such as applique and beading.  We'll see how it turns out.  I will post pictures when it is finished.  I am REALLY excited about this quilt - it is very modern and fun.

My other hobby lately has been reading.  I had taken a break from reading but I just discovered that a new book from one of my favorite series is out.  For all the fantasy readers out there you have to read the Kushiel series it is amazing!  I hope this book is as exciting as the previous ones.  I am also getting ready to start Barefoot which is a book that a couple of friends and I selected to read as a group.  We wanted to start a book club but we couldn't think of enough people so we settled on just reading the same book for now... maybe in the future we will actually get an entire club together.

I just wish that I had more time to pursue my interests but life is always so busy...


1 comment:

hooli said...

that quilt is a beauty! You are talented.... a true artist.

ps -- you make me blush with your nice comments.