Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Big Boss Man"


I finally moved into an office at work...

Imagine that, I am finally a "big boss man" with four walls and a window that I can call my own.  It is actually pretty nice having an office although it is so quiet that I am starting to think I need some music or a fountain.  But you know what the best part of having an office is...I get to decorate it!  I'm so excited about that.

This weekend I invested in a clock for the office and I am planning on hanging my new wall quilt.  Unfortunately our company policy is that I am not allowed to hang anything on my own so I have to wait until facilities can come put everything up.  I also still want to buy a lamp because the glare from the windows and over head  lighting is terrible and maybe a few plants or other trinkets to put on the bookshelf.

The other interesting thing is that as it turns out I may need to invest in some candles because I swear that it kind of smells like feet in the office.  Maybe my feet just smell REALLY bad and I am contaminating my own environment but I find it hard to believe that my feet smell bad enough to stink up an entire office when the door is open.  Hopefully a candle will help with the situation.

Here is a picture of the front of my wall quilt.  I hope to finish it up this weekend but we'll see.  I'm really happy with how it turned it out, although I had to ditch the beads because they made the quilt look a bit busy.

2 comments:

Jessaca said...

Very awesome and creative quilt! Don't get a candle though, go to Pier 1 and get a bottle of incense that come with sticks. I have one for my apartment. I had it in the spare bedroom, and decided that I needed to move it to smellier room (apartment always seems to smell like smoke), so I moved it to the living room. What a difference. Besides, I doubt you're allowed to burn a candle, so it wouldn't do much anyways. Have a look; there's lots of flavors to choose from!

suburbanbrunette said...

Looks very planetary.