Inspired by Capricious' blog entry about the store Anthropologies - I went today to look for a dress for an event I have coming up and ended up splurging more than I should have...the sad thing is there were a ton of other things I wanted to buy but I couldn't bear to spend that much on clothes. I wish that stored wasn't so expensive.
Here is the dress I bought for the event...I really like it - it even has pockets! I just hope I don't look too busty or pregnant in it.
Here is the cover up that I bought to wear over the dress - I swear it is cuter in person but it is not really my style (I am pondering returning it - but I needed something to match the dress)...
I bought the below shirt in grey (I liked the cream better but it was on sale in grey) - this was a totally unnecessary splurge but I loved it and Boris convinced me to buy it. Now I need a girls night to wear it to - it looks hot with a pair of jeans and heels.
This is the dress that I originally wanted and went to buy that they didn't have at the store that I am now pondering having them order for me...not that I need another dress but I love this dress more than any other dress I have seen in years! Which is saying a lot since I normally hate dresses but I can't stop thinking about this one...
For Valentine's Day this year we have been having quiet fun around our house. Last night and this morning we made crepes which were delicious! This morning we just had some family time - Chase and Boris got me the cutest little locket with pictures of Chase in it.
We were planning on decorating cookies with some friends but Chase had a bit of a fever this morning so all our plans were cancelled...but honestly it was probably good for us to have a mandatory day of relaxation!
I've been neglecting blogging lately so here are a few updates from the past few weeks. Mainly it is just a list of cute baby moments so I don't forget them later...(hopefully I haven't already listed all of these in previous entries).
1) The other day when Chase woke up (in our bed) he stood up on the bed looked down at us and said "Tall!" (He normally wakes us up by saying "baby all done" or "uh oh")
2) Chase is getting close to being able to count to 10! If we say one he will say "two" and then if you ask what is after two sometimes you get a "three" - he never really gets four or five but he does much better with 6 - 10. (Two is by far his favorite number, if you give him something he likes he always asks for "two" so he can have one in each hand.)
3) Chase has started singing along with songs. If you sing "Row row row your boat" sometimes he will chime in with "gently down the stream", other times he picks up at the "Merrily merrily merrily".
4) Chase is currently a fruit snack addict. He knows where we hide them and ALWAYS asks for "snacks". The only thing that can deter him from snacks is chocolate.
5) Chase has been in a phase where he keeps trying to feed people which usually involves him cramming soggy food bits into your mouth (and in Graham's case it often involves Chase trying to feed Graham dairy products and Graham trying to avoid them as not to die from eating them)
6) Chase has been LOVING bath time lately, if you even mention a bath he starts running up stairs and tries to climb into the tub.
7) Chase is still in love with Sponge Bob, balls, and pushing trucks and cars around.
8) Chase has been trying to jump lately which is just hilarious to watch.
9) Everything is still "Uncle Uncle Uncle" around our house - Chase does love his uncle Graham.